SuperWay™ — Why Roam is Different
Roam Transport Systems’ elevated SuperWay is an all-electric, low-noise freeway in the sky, that operates well above street and freeway traffic—and under all weather conditions. SuperWay uses enclosed guideways to carry rubber-tired vehicles with automated steering, switching, and speed control. Wheels operate inside the guideways away from all weather elements and without perceptible noise at street level. The combination of its patented elevated SuperWay guideway and unique vehicle steering and control systems place Roam’s SuperWay in a totally different category than all other transit technologies.
High-Speed Passenger & Cargo Services on SuperWay
- Grade-separated, layered over current highway right of way.
- Low-cost, factory-built, stainless steel SuperWay sections.
- SuperWay electric vehicle power for low pollution & cost.
- Safe, automatic steering, speed & position control.
- Enclosed wheelways™ for all-weather operation (Similar in appearance to pair of small monorails).
- High-speed for very low-cost services.
- Separate versions for different service classes & types.
SuperWay Guideway Technical Overview
Roam’s HSR Alternative — High Speed MegaWay CarTrain™ Service
Roam’s high-speed MegaWay is a better and lower cost alternative to conventional HSR (High Speed Rail). MegaWay high speed (120-mph) systems offer high speed inter-city passenger service, cargo transport and car-train service on a single, low-cost, low-profile, elevated SuperWay guideway along existent highway rights of way
Roam MegaWay™ Commuter Service — High Capacity Mass Transit
MegaWay commuter service and mass transit offer high-capacity service, plus cargo transport on a single, low-cost, low-profile, elevated SuperWay guideway over existent streets & freeways.
Roam MicroWay™— Urban Transit and Personal Rapid Transit
MicroWay urban transit systems offer high-capacity mass transit service on a low-cost, very low-profile, elevated SuperWay guideway over existent streets. The same MicroWay technology can easily be adapted to Personal Rapid Transit solutions, or for express cargo handling.
CargoWay™ Heavy Cargo
CargoWay Heavy Cargo systems provide automated transport of heavy ISO cargo containers on a low-cost, elevated SuperWay guideway over existent seaport, highway, pipeline or railroad rights of way.
Unique Solutions to Critical Freeway Traffic & Pollution Problems & High-Speed Requirements
MegaWay, MicroWay & CargoWay systems provide the following significant benefits from unique and patented features not available with any other system:
- Safe operation inside enclosed, all-weather, all grade-separated SuperWay enclosed wheelways.
- Very low initial cost of ultra-light, automated factory-built elevated SuperWay sections.
- Fast availability of factory-built SuperWay sections that fit over existent rights of way.
- Highway-type grade capability and very low noise of rubber tires operated inside enclosed SuperWay stainless steel road surfaces.
MegaWay, MicroWay, and CargoWay provide numerous other important benefits of incorporating state of the art (but off the shelf) features attractive to system owners and users:
- High functional reliability from multiple-redundant, failure-tolerant designs, including flat-proof tires.
- Low operating costs from small lightweight cars and low maintenance elevated SuperWay design.
- High capacity from short, precise inter-train spacing & full-speed main elevated SuperWay entry and exit.
- Low air pollution from all-electric operation.
- Short trip times from full-speed intermediate station by-pass.